WHAT TO WEAR IN HAWAII
- Breakfasts - Come "as you are." Shirts and sandals or casual shoes are required. Bathing suit cover-up is fine. Come Casual.
- Dinner Shows, Restaurant Dinners & Dinner Cruise - "Dressy
casual." Ladies: Slacks and blouse or dress shorts, casual dresses/
maxi dresses, skirts or Aloha evening wear, etc. Gentlemen: Slacks, Dress shorts, polo/knit/dress
shirt, or Aloha attire. Jackets are not required, but you may wear
one if you choose. Ties are seldom seen in Hawaii, but again, you
may wear one if you choose.
- Flights - Dress comfortably and bring a jacket or sweater, due to air-conditioning on flights.
- Hanauma Bay - Wear bathing suit underneath casual clothing or
bring bathing suit and change at location. Sandals/casual shoes.
- Hikes - Covered shoes (sneakers, tennis shoes). Sandals not
permitted. Hat and/or sunglasses recommended, especially for
Diamond Head hike. Sunscreen.
- Luau - Sandals or casual shoes as you will be on sand, casual
shorts/slacks/sundress, cardigan sweater or jacket for the cool evening ocean air.
- Maui Highlights Tour featuring Haleakala Crater (M2) - It will
likely be very chilly at the summit lookout. Dress appropriately.
- Tours and Trolley - Comfortable shoes, casual clothing. Take a
sweater or jacket for higher elevations and for air-conditioned tour vehicles.
- Water & Boat Activities - Wear bathing suit underneath casual
clothing or bring bathing suit and change at location. Sandals/casual shoes. Sunscreen.
ALOHA WEAR IS TIMELESS!
Now that your Hawaiian vacation has been booked, many of our clients wonder what they should pack and wear while in Hawaii. Keeping this in mind, we have compiled suggestions to help make this easier. Please remember, Hawaii is all about having fun, experiencing paradise and "hanging loose" - so these are only suggestions - there is no right or wrong!!
Generally speaking, during the day we recommend that you dress comfortable and casual, unless you're at the beach. A good beach cover-up will be very useful, enabling you to go to and from the beach, to shopping, to grabbing a quick snack. Be sure to wear sunscreen! We recommend comfortable shoes for walking, shorts, sun dresses, and t- shirts.
In the evening most people switch over to dressy casual - slightly dressier than their daytime attire - khaki shorts or trousers, polo shirts, aloha shirts, skirts, sundresses, etc.